Monday, July 26, 2010

Wishful thinking

Workout - 1.62/20:37

Average Pace - 12:43

I went to the doctor again today because my leg is still bothering me. My doctor immediately suggested a Cortisone shot. I hesitated, because he hasn't tried to diagnose what is wrong with my leg, he's just treating it. But, after talking to him for a bit, I decided to go for it. The shot was awful. I had Liam with me and as soon as the nurse came at me with the needle, he flipped, which made me tense, which made the shot hurt much worse than it should have. I left after being told that if this didn't work, the next step is physical therapy.

I decided that since I'd had the shot, I should be good to go for a run. I went to the lake and the first lap was ok. I had a little pain, but not unbearable. I made it about a third of the way around the second lap before the pain really hit. I pushed on and finished the second lap....very slowly.

I'm feeling better after stretching and icing. Hopefully as time passes, the Cortisone will really take affect and I'll be healed!!!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir