Wednesday, June 16, 2010

First run entry

Workout - Approx. 2 miles (maybe more, maybe less)/23:21


I'd say that tonight's run was a failure, but at least I got out and did something. I am still so sore from The Blaze, and the soreness really showed up as I was running tonight. Once I gave myself a 30 second walk break, I couldn't get started running again. I hurt too bad. So, I took the scenic way home around the lake in our neighborhood and did some duck watching. I am now sitting on the floor with frozen carrots on my right shin and frozen peaches on my left shin.

I tried a few new things on my run tonight.....
-I tried running with gum, which was a failure. I need to concentrate on running, instead of worrying about not swallowing my gum.
-I tried running with a head band. This worked out ok. I usually run in a hat, but decided that it was just too hot tonight. My hair is too short to fit in a ponytail, and some fell out by the end of my run. I think next time I'll throw some bobby pins in also.
-I wore a new running shirt that has a zippered pocket that fits my iPhone. I loved this! I really don't like wearing an arm band, but since I was attacked by a dog, I've made sure to have my phone every time I go out for a run. The pocket is on the right side at the bottom. I stuck my iPhone in it, ran the earphone wire out and through my shirt. It was perfect!

I think I'm going to take tomorrow and Friday off from running. Maybe I'll do some Pilates or something. Hopefully that will give my legs a chance to heal.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir